There is incredible power in your daily habits. Your habits quite literally mold your body, your health and your accomplishments in life.
And it turns out that there’s a special secret sauce to making new habits stick that I’d like to share with you today…
This secret sauce goes against our instincts and the way that we are wired, which is why so many of us fail to make healthy, new habits truly stick and become part of our ongoing routine – and ultimately fail to feel good most of the time.
It’s more natural for us to take on the role of a critic with ourselves than that of a cheerleader. We compare ourselves to others and focus on our flaws rather than pausing to celebrate our wins by really feeling good.
This works against us because it is proven emotions create habits and that the positive emotion of FEELING GOOD is the BEST WAY to get a new habit to stick!
Now if you’re anything like me then the idea of celebrating tiny little wins is a bit uncomfortable. I’ll feel good about myself when I do something substantial, you may think.
However, by training yourself to truly FEEL GOOD about each and every step that you take in the right direction, you’re more likely to keep on making progress.
It’s time to tell your inner critic to take a hike! All those times that you wallowed in feeling bad only made it more difficult to make positive progress toward your goals.
Once you capture the power of feeling good, you’ll train yourself to enjoy and celebrate all of the healthy new behaviors that will ultimately lead you to your goal.
Do I have your commitment to try out the secret sauce of feeling good?
When you wake up and drink your protein shake, pause and give yourself a mental pat on the back. FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT! Really, actually, FEEL GOOD.
It may take some practice, but with time you’ll look forward to feeling good after practicing each healthy new behavior.
I’m here to help you with your fitness goals! Call or email today to get started.
There’s something about those pizza flavors that are irresistible. Of course, we have to watch how often we eat pizza since it is high in processed carbs and fats and too low in fiber and protein.
Enter these incredible Pizza Boats!
Enjoy ALL of the pizza flavors that you LOVE without the crust! It’s really fun to have a make-your-own pizza boat night with the kids!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 spaghetti squashes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Lay the squash, cut side down, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken sausage. Drain any oils off and then add the spaghetti sauce. Mix to combine, heating it through for 5 minutes.
4. Loosen the spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Divide the sauce between each squash and top with 25% of the mozzarella, bell pepper, onion, pepperoni and olives.
5. Place the pizza boats back into the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
Help me spread the fitness truth... If you know any friends, family or co-workers who would enjoy my newsletter give them a subscription by using the ’Refer a Friend’ link below!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Committed to your success!